The primary ministry roles of our new associate pastor will be to lead worship in our Sunday service and lead volunteers in the music, children’s, and youth ministries. This is a new pastoral role for our church and will allow the pastor to serve not only as a musician but also in a shepherding role in the body, primarily with volunteers in specific areas of ministry.
- A clear personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a focus in ministry or worship/music
- Experience leading, equipping, and recruiting teams or volunteers for ministry
- Ability to read music and to lead a worship team instrumentally and vocally (i.e. guitar, piano)
- Experience serving in ministry as a worship leader
- Aspire to the character qualities of a shepherd/pastor/elder outlined in Galatians 5:22-26, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:6-9
- Commitment to personal development in ministry and leadership
- Pursue and develop relationships with other godly men to whom he can go to for support and accountability
- Possess strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable personal integrity, humility, and teachability
- Provide discipleship and shepherding care for volunteers in his ministry areas
- Willingness and ability to handle personal conflicts biblically and with loving tactfulness
- Display personal motivation, work ethic, and time management abilities
Ministry & Job Overview:
In order to be successful the associate pastor should agree with and support the statement of belief, vision, and strategy of First Baptist Church – Whitehall. While working with many ministry volunteers and leaders, and supporting the overall ministry of FBC, the associate pastor will report directly to the lead pastor.
We envision the pastor serving our church by working in cooperation with the lead pastor to develop the weekly order of service (including announcements, music, etc.). Secondarily this pastor will exercise administrative leadership over the volunteers in the children’s ministry (including Sunday School deacon, Kids 4 Truth director, nursery director, children’s church volunteers), and youth ministry volunteers.
It is our expectation that leading rehearsals in preparation for the weekly Sunday service with musicians, vocalists, and the sound and technology volunteers will allow for the practice and planning required to serve God and our congregation with faithfulness. To further our aspiration to be a welcoming and friendly church, this pastor will work with the head usher and greeter, and oversee their ministry for the weekly service. Cooperation with the deacon of worship monitoring the purchase, maintenance, and replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies, and instruments will also be a part of this role.
We also hope our new pastor will welcome his role in our community, which reflects the church’s desire that our pastors cultivate meaningful relationships with people in the local community. It’s been our church’s habit to provide a living, family wage commensurate to the cost of living in our area.